Saturday, February 25, 2006

A True Rant....

Now this is going to be a true rant. I am sitting here watching an evangilical Christian tv show called one3. There are interveiwing one of the prowoman snowboarders, Kelly Clark. But I am going to talk aobut something she said, "That Christianity is not about rules or being religious. It's about God's love." On a very supervical level that is very true. But a question will eventually come up, what is love and what does it mean to love. This is going to be the reason for the law. God gave Isreal the Law because He loves them. To Americans, without really understanding freedom, a law or rule is a hinderance to each person. Real freedom comes when we cease to have a need for the laws. God's love is the law. Since Biblically God's love is the love of a Father for His children. A father, who alllows children to do whatever they want, does not love them. This seems brash at frist but let me say something more. Parents are given the responsiblity to teach their children how to live and interact with other people. Even more so is God to teach us to interact with one another as well as with Himself. God gives us the law not as a restriction but as freedom from sin. In knowing the law we come to know what sin is and our guilt for which Jesus died. But it was also under the law that Jesus died for us and rose so we may have life. The new life Christ leads us to will also lead us to more fully become like him, in that conformaty we will come to see a new life sprout within us. By conforming ourselves to Christ, we come to conform ourselves to the law. In conforming ourselfs to the law then the law ceases to be needed because we chose to live it. In living it as Christ did, we are freed fully from everything. But that is only part of my rant. I may clarify it more later, but more likily not.

2 comments:

Christina said...

I don't know...I doubt we know each other personally, unless you used to live in So Cal. Though since you first posted on my blog, I've read yours. Good stuff!

BZ said...

tom, I'll be very jealous of you if you just sat down and decided to post a blog and came out with that. I need to mull things over for a good week before I can come up with anything mildly substantial that's worth submitting.

It's very good, and speaks the truth. I myself find it extremely annoying when people make a statement and then deny any argument which logically follows. But if people didn't do that we wouldn't have protestants.